Recently I visited the bavarian in Newmarket, to be honest, I did not know that they were a chain restaurant. Originally started in Australia, the restaurant opened its first shop in New Zealand last year in the biggest shopping mall in Auckland at the moment Westfield Newmarket
-The Bavarian is a german-inspired restaurant that operates within New Zealand and Australia.
What makes The Bavarian Special?
- The Ambience: The restaurant has a big size to be inside a shopping mall and it is well-distributed with inside doors and outside doors areas, so people can choose where to be. The ambience of the place is great, to me, it feels like a very formal pub that can provide the perfect space to hold a business meeting and/or birthday parties.
- Music: I do not know if this is the case for the venues in Australia, but in the Auckland branch, there is a screen attached to the wall where you can update the restaurant playlist, so you can listen to your favourite songs while eating or drinking.
- Options: The Bavarian offered a good range of options and most of these options could be made vegetarian to accommodate everyone. My vegetarian friends said that the food was delicious.
- Service: The service was on point, everything was as per our request and there were no confusions even though we were over 20 people. The staff members were very knowledgeable and gave us great recommendations and suggestions.
- Wait time: Both food and drinks were served fast for a busy paced venue. I would say it was about 20 minutes at 8:00 pm with an almost full restaurant.
- Food size: I would not have expected the sizes to be as big as they were, especially the alcohol options. The cocktails jugs could easily serve 4 glasses for $29 which seems very reasonable, particularly for the area the restaurant is located at. In Auckland, an average cocktail is around $20 for a glass and jugs around $35. If you do visit them try the strawberry or lychee margarita, believe me, you would not regret it unless you wake up with a headache the next morning.